Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy.
Our meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be entitled to a free school meal. If you have been in receipt of free school meals in the past, or think you may be entitled to free school meals you should still call at the school office to complete a form as this will ensure that the school receives the Pupil Premium funding for your child.
Please ask Mrs Mathewson for a sample of our school meals menu. Meals are cooked on site to a very high standard. Meals cost £2.30 per day or £1.75 for a nursery meal.
If your child chooses to bring a packed lunch then we encourage parents to include healthy choices for your child’s packed lunch. Please do not send glass bottles or canned drinks. We do not allow sweets or chocolate to be eaten at lunchtime. These items will be returned with a note to remind parents of our policy.
Pick a healthier packed lunch or picnic! We’ve got loads of tasty and easy to prepare ideas that everyone can enjoy – and they’re great value too.